I just included a detailed version of wheels, with good tyres and stylized disc brakes. Actually four of these :P I haven't even started on side mirrors and light [possibly more of detailing]. Already fucked it up.
Lol! Why to give a damn! Let's see what happens!
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
By now, this is where I have reached. The main body frame, including the vents in the hood and rear engine.
The front and the rear parts were easy. Just had to shape the poy according to the blueprints and images.
The one mistake I made had cost me lot, I made the front and rear portions with two separate primitive, due to which I had to spent a lot of time adjusting the edges and vertices to be at proper place.
It may sound easy but the problem was the complexity of the details on the sides where two large vents exist. Real pain in ass. I had to separately model those two vents and then move on to attach those two modeled poly. That is where I had to adjust the point to look fair. For me, at my current skill level, the most of the time was spent on finding the right tool for correctly compensating those two polys to look better after applying NURMS [Probably am exaggerating].
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
This would be the third ride in my modelling session, I seriously started working on 3DSMAX in mid june. Started building with simple stuff like swiss army knife, my mousepad, and some simple objects at home.
1st Step, Samples and Blueprints :
Fortunately, didn't spent much time on finding sample images for this car. Got enough images from http://www.streetracersonline.com/articles/enzo/
The last time I started modelling this car, I saw blueprints were not enough for modelling the car. Enzo had a lot of vents; on the hood, on front and rear, which I left out while modelling.
About the blueprints, I got new ones. The earlier one were not much detailed as these are. Probably the reason I failed the first time I modelled this car.